- Plug your Chromecast into power and into an HDMI port on your television.
- On your smartphone, install the Chromecast app from your phone's app store.
- Connect your phone to GTother using the GTother WPA2 Encryption Key found here.
- Authenticate your phone to the network at http://auth.lawn.gatech.edu. Sign in with your GT credentials.
- Open the Chromecast app.
- Select your Chromecast from the list of available devices then tap Set Up. Due to the size of the GTother network, you may need to refresh the list of devices to find your Chromecast.
- Check to see that the code on your phone matches the code on your TV. Click I see the code.
- Change the name of your Chromecast if desired.
- Select GTother from the list of displayed wireless networks and enter the WPA2 Security Key used in step 3.
- Make a note of the MAC address displayed on this page - you'll need it later.
- Click Set Network. Your Chromecast should now attempt to connect to GTother. You may see an error message stating that the device can't connect to the internet - this is normal.
- On a device already connected to the internet, submit a device registration request with the MAC address you found in step 10 to obtain a 4-month registration for your Chromecast.
- Once you receive confirmation from the Wreck Techs that your device is registered, unplug your Chromecast from power and leave it unplugged for two minutes.
- After two minutes have passed, reconnect your Chromecast. Upon booting, it should automatically connect to GTother and authenticate to the network. You should have internet access and be able to cast to it from any device also connected to GTother.
- You must connect both the Chromecast and the source device (that you are casting from) to GTother. For example, it is not possible to cast from a laptop on GTwifi to a Chromecast on GTother.
- There is little to prevent other users from casting content to your Chromecast. We recommend keeping your Chromecast unplugged when not in use to avoid unwanted casting by other users.
- Since Chromecasts are not locked to a specific user account, anyone with their phone or laptop on GTother can cast to your Chromecast.