Wireless Configuration for Nintendo Wii
Unfortunately, your Nintendo Wii is not compatible with Georgia Tech's wireless networks. Your only option is to connect through a wired connection.
Wired Configuration for Nintendo Wii
If you wish to connect multiple devices to the wired port in your room, you will need to purchase and configure a router. If you need help configuring your router, go to the tutorial page here. Once your router is properly set up, you should be able to connect the Wii via its LAN Adapter to your router, and it will be good to go.
If the Wii is the only device you want to connect to the wired port in your room, do the following:
- Connect the Wii LAN Adapter to your Wii. Connect the LAN Adapter to the port in your room with an ethernet cable.
- Turn on your Wii, and from the main menu, click the round Wii button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Wii Settings.
- Click Internet.
- Click Console Information.
- The MAC address of the Wii LAN Adapter will be listed. It is a string of 12 numbers and letters. Write it down.
- On any other internet-connected device with a web browser, navigate to start.gatech.edu. Sign in with your GT username and password.
- Select Register a Different Device.
- Read over the contents of this page.
- In the MAC Address box, type in the MAC Address you wrote down in step 6. Select whether you live in a Residence Hall or in Greek Housing, and give the Wii an appropriate description.
- Once you're sure you agree to all the terms, select I Agree.
- Turn off your Wii for five minutes, then turn it on, and you should be good to go.
If you are connected through a router, the connection test should succeed and you should be able to play online. If it failed, your router is most probably not setup correctly.
If you are not connected through a router, the connection test will fail, because your console is not registered with the network. To register, open the Internet Channel and navigate to start.gatech.edu.
If you don't have the Internet Channel on your Wii, you will need to use a router.