- Plug your Fire TV Stick into power and into an HDMI port on your television.
- Setting Up For The First Time (New In Box)
- Once the list of available wireless networks appears, scroll all the way to the right. You should see MAC Address with a series of letters/numbers separated by colons or dashes. Write this down, you'll need it later.
- Scroll back through the list of available wireless networks and select GTother.
- Setting Up A Subsequent Time (Previously Used)
- Navigate to Settings, System, About, Network. You should see MAC Address with a series of letters/numbers separated by colons or dashes. Write this down, you'll need it later.
- Navigate to Settings, System, Wi-Fi. Scroll through the list of available wireless networks and select GTother
- Enter the GTother WPA2 Encryption Key, found here.
- The Fire TV Stick will attempt to connect to the internet. The test should fail. This is normal.
- On a device already connected to the internet, navigate to https://auth.lawn.gatech.edu. Enter your GT credentials and select Login a Different Device. Enter the MAC Address from step 2 in the MAC Address field. Click Login.
- Once you receive the confirmation from the LAWN authentication page, unplug your Fire TV Stick from power and leave it unplugged for two minutes.
- After two minutes have passed, reconnect your Fire TV Stick. Upon booting, it should automatically connect to GTother and authenticate to the network. You should have internet access and be able to cast to it from any device also connected to GTother.
- You will need to repeat steps 6-8 each time you wish to use your Fire TV Stick as the authentication performed in these steps expires after a period of inactivity. If desired, we can register your Fire TV Stick for a persistent 4-month registration that will automatically sign you in. To do this, please submit a help request and we will be happy to assist.