Applicable to the Amazon Echo, Echo Tap, and Echo Dot
- Download the Amazon Alexa App to your smartphone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Plug in the Echo using the included power adapter.
- In the Alexa App, navigate to Settings > Set up a new device and follow the set up instructions by connecting to the network broadcasted by your Echo device (Amazon-XXX).
If you are a Towers resident participating in the Georgia Tech Amazon Echo Dot pilot program, your device has been pre-registered to GTother. Please proceed to step 6.
- Record the MAC address of the Echo, located at the bottom of the Wi-Fi Network Selection screen in the Alexa App
- Fill out the device registration form or visit us at one of our service hubs to obtain a 4-month registration for your device.
- Once we have let you know that your device has been registered, you can connect it to the network by selecting GTother from the list of wireless networks in the Alexa app.
- Enter the password for GTother found here when prompted by the Alexa App.
- Follow the instructions on the Alexa App to complete your setup.